Tuesday, March 8, 2011

box #8 - animals, stuffed.

So today, after tasty pancakes and really yummy sausage....I tackled yet another box. 

This one was labeled stuffed animals, but not really ones, the cute ones. 

I've spent time surrounded by actual stuffed animals...and while they are okay in a museum, I don't think I would want a bunch of them in my home. 

Today's unpacking was short and it was followed by packing.  I know, it's not supposed to be 30 days of unpacking, then packing back up again, but I'm also in the process of thinning stuff out and packing boxes for goodwill.  Half of the critters in my box today have been with me for either a long time, like my kanga and baby roo and my bear puppet who have traveled from their original home in CT...across the states to IN and now to PA.  And the penguin with ice skates. 

The other animals in the box were gifts from my now ex-husband.  Part of unpacking boxes will mean going through things that I have packed away because I wasn't sure what to do with them.  Isn't it easier sometimes to keep things in a box, to store things away, to not have to think about them and what they remind you of....whether those memories are good or bad...sometimes it's just easier to put it away...out of sight, out of mind.

So today I unpacked some memories....and have decided there are some things that I do not need to keep.  Something tells me this isn't the only box with memories...and that some of them will be more difficult than this one.  

Until the next box . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment