Monday, March 14, 2011

3.14

I opened another box today...and in honor of pi day, I had hoped for pie in some shape or form.  But since this box was packed back in January, it's probably better that it contained no pie.  Lucky for me at our staff and parish council dinner last night I did have some pie :)  It was apple, cream cheese pie....yup, thinly sliced apples, with dollops of cream cheese hidden inside...topped with a brown sugar/butter/cinnamon crumble....so delicious. 

Today's box was labeled sno-globes.  I did find some in there....under directions fro the deep crust pizza pan* (pan not unpacked yet), The Ultimate Gullah Cookbook (hush puppies anyone?) and a stack of photocopies recipes from the Tao of Cooking which include a tasty white bean dip....which I can't wait to make again...and a recipe for honey yogurt pie.  Which looks super delicious...maybe one month I'll have to do 30 days of desserts.....

Sno-globes are from Iowa, Philadelphia (who doesn't love the liberty bell in the snow?), the United Nations, and one from Pennsylvania....which has lots of snow, but no water.  The poor snow, it just sits there...

More globes on the shelf right above the cookbooks and the recipes :) 

Until the next box . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment