Friday, March 11, 2011

box 11

With a little rearranging in the bedroom, I found space to put the contents of yet another box. 

Today's box was one that has been in open for a while in my bedroom and if a box could throw up, this would be the box to do it....I've been diving in, digging through and leaving things half in/half out/half spewed across the room. 

The boxes contents?  T-shirts and work out clothes.  I've taken to using (and not in a place to hang clothes way) my elliptical machine.  An episode of LOST makes 45 minutes go much quicker than a mix from the early 1990s.  (Sorry Pat Benetar and others...)  With the increased cardio activity, I've needed to find more workout clothes...they've been right here the whole time, now it's time to use them. 

From this box I have discovered/remembered:

1) Among others, I ran the Philadelphia, Hartford and Seattle 1/2 marathons.

2) I've spent many, many summers working at Calumet Urban Day Camps.

3) I'm thankful for all the workout garb (hand me overs) from Gretchen.  And I miss walking with her. 

4) Perfect time of the year/month to find my Guinness T-shirt...which, by the way, I got for free at the 1/2 Door in Hartford on St. Patty's day a few years back for doing an Irish Jig.  (I did not tell the promo ladies that I was German.)

5) Some T-shirts can be turned into rags. 

6) Some other T-shirts can be packed in 'summer stuff' boxes...and sorted at a later time. 

7) I miss falafels from Mamouns in New Haven. 


Until the next box . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment