Thursday, September 30, 2010

an end to another 30 days

I can't believe phase two of 30 Days of Biking is over.  Without it, I would not have ridden 50 (49.5) miles today.  I don't think I ever imagined riding that distance and next week I'll be participating in the two day Hilly Hundred ride in Ellettsville.  I'm nervous with a side of  excitement.  We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow as to what tomorrow's ride will be. I did thoroughly enjoy the plateful of kung po chicken & rice that I devoured post ride.  I love the post ride refueling.

Tomorrow begins another 30 days.  Thanks to so many suggestions, I've decided it'll be 30 days of bringing back writing.  For some reason I'm on this letter b kick, but I really like the idea of writing letters and cards and bringing back snail mail for at least the next 30 days.

Part of my inspiration came from, well, a facebook message, the medium isn't what's important here.  Anyway, last month I received a friend request from a former student from an 8th grade English class.  As we have caught up on life after teaching & the 8th grade, he sent a great message about life for him and also impressions that I left with him just after one year of English.  So the upcoming 30 days will include greetings and letters to friends or notes/letters thanking folks for the ways they have been an influence in my life. 

I think the blogging will continue to some extent, although it may not be every day.  Thanks for following & reading.

Until tomorrow...or whenever...

No comments:

Post a Comment