Thursday, September 9, 2010

wrestling & sushi

Another day, another ride.  Did the same loop this morning as I did yesterday and today it was much better! Phew.  I'm working on finding that riding groove, which I love so dearly.  I can say, too, that I had a wonderful interaction at a green light.  I signaled to go right (and had the right of way) and the car across from me was signaling to go left.  I always look all directions when I come to a green traffic light, and the car across the way say me and waved me on.  A good moment.

I wrestled with sermon texts today...caught between the theme of stewardship this month and the possible burning of copies of the Qur'an this Saturday....puts one in an interesting position.  While there are some ideas put to paper and it seems to flow...who knows what the next few days will bring.  On Saturday, I'm looking forward to attending the installation service of the new Bishop of our synod, so I'll be blessed to worship with colleagues with Bishop Mark Hanson preaching and presiding.  Should be a wonderful service. 

I'm looking forward to dinner with a good friend tonight.  I am looking forward to having sushi :)  And then I will continue my quest to eat/drink locally this week, as all Hoosiers have been encouraged to do, by having a brew at Upland.  Last night's tasty supper included potatoes from the co-op in Bloomington, so they were local.  The rest of my week I have been supporting local breweries or wineries, surprise, surprise. 

If there is any breaking news in B-town tonight, I'll post again later. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment