Wednesday, September 22, 2010

a good sign or a mess?

So first an admission...riding your bike in the house may cause injury.  I wasn't feeling too well today, even after a solid night's sleep (which isn't a good sign) so I thought, instead of another ride in the 95 degree heat with a permeating smell of fresh manure on the fields, I took a spin in the house.  I, um, bumped my fingers on the kitchen counter...my first injury in 30 Days of Biking.  Oops.  I hope I feel better tomorrow, because I'm itchin for a longer ride. 

I wasn't the only one who was a little tired a Bible Study this evening, but we had some good conversation at the end.

When I arrived at church, the sun hit the glass doors down at just the right angle.  Just below the handles, the long bars across the middle of the door are a series of little hand prints.  Clearly the handles are a little high for the younger ones in our congregation...but that doesn't stop them from pushing the doors open and bringing the gospel into the community.  I guess, though, it's all a matter of perspective.  Because you can also look at the doors and wonder when the windows are going to be clean...I guess you can you decide what you see...

Last night at dinner I heard an interesting comment. "Oh...a screaming kid...that's my least favorite sound, especially when it's a blood curdling scream and that usually comes out of a baby, so I guess I don't really like babies either." 
Not that the sound of babies crying is my favorite noise, but wow, after visiting with Jillian at Riley...hearing her cry was a sign that she had the lungs and voice to cry out when she was uncomfortable.   Perhaps this is a sign that my baby-phobia is fading.  Perhaps I am just thankful for all the kiddos in the world who are healthy enough to cry and who are allowed to just be kids.  I continue to pray for those who are not fully healthy, like Jillian & Kenley, for their families and for those who love them.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment