Thursday, September 2, 2010

New Biking Outfit

Day 2: 30 Days of Biking

With a late night, and not much sleep, I did not get a ride in before my meeting today.  But afterward I figured I would just take a quick ride to the store to get a loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of buttah.  (Actually just a loaf of bread, cream cheese & the weekly paper)

I thought to myself, huh, getting more looks today on the bike than I normally do.  Maybe it was my sweet muscular legs. 
Or maybe, just maybe, it was the combination of my sassy scarf and my sweet muscular legs peddling our from my short jeans skirt....yeah, the latter must have been it. 

I tell ya, there was some amazing joy that come up from my soul as I slowly peddled the back roads to the store.  I found myself laughing.  I couldn't help it.  There was some natural, truly happy energy that came from that ride.  Awesome.  I needed that.  

Still grieving and bouncing between really high, highs and bottoming out lows...I hope that prayer, time, and love continue to help me heal.  That and the joy of riding my bike everyday.  :)

Until tomorrow...
JK

1 comment: