Thursday, November 24, 2011

thankful.

One of the closing prayers from my morning devotions:

Almighty and gracious God, I give you thanks for the fruits of the earth in their season and for the labors of those who harvest them.  Make me, I pray, a faithful steward of your great bounty, for the provision of our necessities and the relief of all who are in need, to the glory of your name; through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever.  Amen.

As the year is soon to draw to a close, I've had the opportunity to reflect on all that this past year has offered.  It's been a zany years with super high highs...and ultra low lows.  I'm truly thankful this day for all the people that God has placed in my life this past year.  Both those who hugged me and laughed and saw me cry up close...and those who followed my journey via my blog, tweets and facebook posts. 

May we all see the presence of God in our lives and our world breaking through to us in the most obscure and unexpected moments.  As we look back and look forward, may we pause to give thanks for all the blessings bestowed on each of us...and may we be blessed with opportunities to share those blessings and grace with others.

Happy Thanksgiving.

gobble gobble.

No comments:

Post a Comment