Tuesday, November 22, 2011

marathon post.

I had the most excellent weekend with my boyfriend, parents and sister. 

Friday, I had the chance to do some serious housecleaning.  It was way overdue.  The house is still in the process of renovations.  The drywall process left everything with a serious layer of dust.  I finally found the hardwood floors under all of that. 
I went out to breakfast with my boyfriend and enjoyed a western omelet with cheese, two coffees with skim milk and a fruit cup.  (I really like that phase 2 brings some fruit back into the ol' diet.) 

That was a pretty big breakfast for little ol' me.  So lunch was much later in the afternoon and consisted of whole wheat crackers, smoked gouda and pepperoni. 

Dinner was PIZZA! (It's been a while since I've had pizza, and boy have I missed it!)  I tried a new crust recipe made entirely with whole wheat flour.  It was quite tasty, even my dad liked it. 
Mom and I loaded up the crust with sweet turkey sausage, mushrooms, peppers, onions, black onions and mozzarella cheese.

I had three slices for dinner, with a side salad with vinaigrette dressing and 2 glasses of red wine. 

Saturday: I woke up realizing I was still battling a cold of sorts.  Yet, I did get out for a 2.2 mile run.  The first chunk was with my mom....and while it was tough, it felt good to shake all the gunk out of my system.  I refueled with 1/2 cup of oatmeal (made with skim milk) with 1/4 shredded apple, some raisins and a sprinkle of splenda. and 2 cups of coffee with fat free half and half. 

Lunch was at the Fairgrounds market.  Tasty pork w/refried beans, lettuce, tomato and sour cream with a Diet Dr. Pepper. 

Snack was at the Women's Ornament Exchange at church.  A few slices of colby jack cheese and some apples and grapes.  I sipped some orange tea with lemon as we politely snatched ornaments from one another until we were all swapped out. 

Dinner was fresh salmon from the market with a pomegranate chipotle glaze with baked yams, broccoli, and a wild rice pilaf (w/whole wheat orzo.) and 2 glasses of red wine.  (yum.)
It was early to bed that night with an early wake up scheduled for the next morning...but I sipped some herbal tea with lemon and honey before calling it a night. 

Marathon Sunday!
We were up at 3:30am!  Eep!  But we made it to Philly and into the parking garage before they closed the streets at 6am!  (Whew! Thanks to some motivational driving by Billy.) 
I sipped a few cups of coffee w/fat free 1/2 and 1/2 on the way. 

We met up with my sister pre-race and she looked ready to run! 
At some point while cheering folks on I sipped some water and snacked on a cheese stick. 

After seeing her at miles 9, 12 and 14....Billy and I took a brunch break.
We split a whole wheat wrap filled with apple chicken sausage, egg and cheddar cheese and an egg, swiss and bacon sammie on whole grain bread.  (yum times two.)

Dinner was much later....after the race...we had our family Thanksgiving dinner at Fado in Philly. 
I sipped on a Smithwicks and enjoyed some potato type pitas with spinach and cheese dip. 
I had a pear and blue cheese salad with walnuts, vinaigrette and grilled chicken. 

I tried to watch the Muppets Wizard of Oz, but fell asleep somewhere in the middle. 

Weigh in day- 151.2 (exactly where I was last week) 

I had a cup of coffee w/ skim milk and splenda, 1/2 cup of oatmeal (made with skim milk) with 1/2 an apple shredded and a handful of raisins tossed in.  With the apple and raisins, I've decided that no splenda is needed.  It's sweet enough. 

Then I went to the doctor, because my voice wasn't at full force.  Got a prescription for antibiotics, went to CVS and loaded up on pain reliever, cough drops and syrup and headed home. 
I put in the Muppets Wizard of Oz...and this time slept through a different part of it.  (Maybe one day I'll see the whole thing....) 
I had a late lunch of an egg scrambled with red pepper, sweet turkey sausage and smoked gouda. 
I had multiple cups of tea throughout the day with lemon and honey. 
Snack was 1 1/2 apples with a TBS of peanut butter. 
Dinner was an open face sandwich on homemade honey whole wheat bread with mozzarella cheese and lebanon bologna.  I also sipped an entire can of beef broth...it was super soothing on the throat.  Although my voice, at that point, sounded like a cartoon character.  ;) 
I had a pot of sleepy time tea with lemon and honey before falling asleep during Despicable Me. 

And that brings us to today.  My voice is less cartooney, and more raspy...but hopefully I'm on the mend. 

We'll see what the rest of the day brings.

Until later . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment