Wednesday, November 16, 2011

ham :)

Sometimes a fire and George Winston is just a good way to end the day.  It's been a cold and rainy day...and I've had the song Like the Weather (10,000 Maniacs) in my head all day.  That could be because I heard it first thing this morning and it just fit the day.
I seem to have taken on another cold :(
A bit of a sore throat and congestion at the beginning of the day and at the end.  I was not up for a workout this morning but I'm hoping to feel a bit better in the morning.  My legs are still a bit achy from running two days in a row this week after not having run for 2 weeks.

I enjoyed two fried eggs this morning with 2 turkey sausage links and a cup of fresh strawberries.  Alongside my 2 cups of coffee with skim milk.  (I've decided I can do without the splenda in the coffee.  I'm not a big fan of artificial sweeteners.)

I had a peanuts as a mid morning snack.

Lunch was out at the local tavern for our ministerium meeting.  Today's lunch buffet was ham (my fave!!!) and a chopped veggie salad (cauliflower, broccoli, radishes, carrots, cukes all in a sweet n sour dressing.)  I passed on the au gratin potatoes, bread and dessert. 

Mid-afternoon snack: a cheese stick & diet crystal light green tea.

Got home from work and to combat the cold and rain I had a sugar free hot chocolate.  It helped keep my spirits up while I paid the bills.
 
Dinner was chicken & mushrooms in a splash of white wine, steamed broccoli and a glass of white wine. 
The picture doesn't really do it justice...but you can see that it was all dusted with some Parmesan cheese. 

Now for some catching up on facebook and bed....the sleepy time tea will help with the latter. 

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment