Monday, November 28, 2011

monday, monday.

Just got home from a council meeting...somehow the budget conversation, even though there were periods of deafening silence....lasted for over an hour and a half. It's the same struggles that many churches face....concerns about giving....wanting to grow and expand in the future but the staff is already doing so much...we will push forward and see how things go with the congregation in two weeks.

I had the urge for a huge bowl of popcorn when I got home, not that I was even hungry, but I passed on a slice of birthday cake that others were having after the meeting and was just craving something.  That's when I realized that the evening snacking I've done in the past is a way to mellow out after a long day.  It's easy to grab a cookie or 5 .... or to open a bag of chips and consume way more than a single serving...I had the pot out to make the popcorn and had to say (out loud) you're not even hungry!  Geesh....I made a cup of tea w/honey and enjoyed 3 pieces of a dark chocolate with tiny toffee bits.  I'm thinking tomorrow night is movie night and that is when I'll have a popcorn snack.

Other than that, I had a great eating day.
It was off to a great start when the scale read: 151.2 and nope, that's not a typo....and I don't think my scale is broken...but that's the same as it was last week...and the week before. 
So, I'm holding steady.  Which is a good thing.  After a week of being sickly, then being even sicker and having some Thanksgiving splurges, I'm happy to be where I'm at. 


Breakfast was scrambled eggs and two slices of bacon at breakfast bible study.  With 2 1/2 cups of coffee with skim milk....I was at the end of the 1/2 and 1/2 :(

Mid-morning snack: mixed nuts

Lunch: open faced ham & cheese on homemade whole wheat w/mustard and a seltzer.

Mid-afternoon snack: 1/2 an apple with peanut butter

Dinner: leftover blackened salmon with green beans, craw fish tales and a baked sweet potato.  (still yum...even without the deep fried cornbread)

And that was the day.  I also did a much better job hydrating today....multiple nalgenes were consumed.  So the whole being hydrated thing also feels good.  I'm off to bed so I can get longer than a 1 mile run in before heading to the office.  Oh...and I'm excited for tomorrow night's dinner already.  The venison roast is thawing....the crock pot is already filled with sweet potatoes, carrots, celery and mushrooms....I add the roast in the morning and come home to dinner.  I heart easy dinners :)

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment