Tuesday, November 15, 2011

taking time to look back.

So, the cool thing I did this morning, after sleeping in a bit....but before going out for a 3.1 mile run (since it was 60 degrees out this morning!!!) was look at my food journal from over the summer.  Not just what I ate, but also to look at my weight fluctuation over the past several months. I lost a bit of weight as my biking & running intensified..but I could not seem to break below 156.  I hit 156 the week before VBS...and in those pictures I realized that I had lost some weight.  I seemed to hover mostly between 160 and 158 ish...give or take a few pounds depending on the week. 
The first time I weighed in was May 1st at 167. 
This weekend I was at 151.
That's a total of 16 pounds!  Now that feels awesome! 
Now that I've moved into phase 2 of South Beach, I know the weight won't come off as quickly as it did that during the 2 weeks of phase one, but I'm ready to slowly work in healthier carbs and keep the sugar intake low. 

Today I enjoyed 1/2 cup of oatmeal for breakfast with skim milk, 1/4 of shredded apple, a dash of cinnamon and 1/2  a splenda packet and 2 cups of coffee w/ skim milk. 

Mid-morning snack was a cheese stick as I ran errands before going into the office. 

Lunch was the last of the tasty venison chili.  You know, sometimes it's fun to cook without a recipe.  This awesome pot of chili came out without a recipe...but now I won't be able to replicate it exactly...oh well.  I'm sure the next pot will be just as tasty in it's own way. 

Mid-afternoon snack: South Beach cereal bar (packed with protein and a hint of cranberries & almonds).
Decaf chai tea w/ skim milk

Dinner: Spaghetti squash with that tasty, spicy venison sausage tomato sauce. 
Relaxing tonight with some sleepy time tea. 

Spaghetti squash could be my new favorite meal.  It's super delicious with zesty meat sauce....I see more of that on the menu next week. 
In the meantime I need to find some tasty marinades to dress up some chicken breasts for dinner tomorrow and Thursday. 


Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment