Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Hush.

Yesterday....another day home...with some laundry and cutting out stars.
It's for my advent practice of praying for someone different each day during my daily prayers.  Now that they are all painted and cut out, they just need names attached. 

I had 2 cups of coffee with fat-free 1/2 & 1/2 alongside an egg scrambled with smoked gouda, red peppers, and smoked turkey sausage. 

Mid-morning snack: and apple with 1 TBS of peanut butter.

Lunch was an open faced sandwich of lebanon bologna and mozzarella cheese and a bit of honey mustard on my homemade whole wheat. 

Dinner was chicken with pomegranate chipotle glaze and whole wheat orzo and wild rice with broccoli. 

I drank 4 pots of herbal tea throughout the day. 

And with my post dinner snack of popcorn lightly salted and dusted with parmesean cheese (homemade smartfood) I had a crystal light raspberry iced green tea.  I ate it as I watched my themed Buffy episode for the day: Hush.  (the one where they all loose their voices....totally appropriate for me.)


And this morning...I had a voice!

After two days off from a three day week...it was non stop officey things today. 
Luckily I had the support of the Muppet channel on Sirius radio. (Thanks, Billy).  I only chuckled out loud a dozen or so times. 

I did enjoy an egg scramble with smoked gouda, turkey sausage, and green peppers. With two cups of coffee with fat-free 1/2 and 1/2. 

My mid-morning snack was a handful of mixed nuts.  (tee hee)

Lunch was tasty chicken salad dressed in smoked paprika dip with celery and grapes :) on a bed of mixed greens.  And a cup of lemon tea. 

Dinner was some leftovers....chopped up chicken breast with pomegranate chipotle glaze mixed with broccoli and whole wheat orzo & wild rice and a raspberry seltzer.  

I'm sure I'll have  small snack after the Thanksgiving Eve service.  The trick will be staying away from the cookies at the reception. 

I have to admit, last night was the best night of sleep this week.  I think that the coughing is no longer waking me up....and hearing the alarm this morning woke me out of a deep sleep.  I have to admit, I'm looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. 

I'm also tempted to take on the challenge of a mile a day until New Years.  Since I'm still in recovery mode, tomorrow may have to be a mile walking on the treadmill rather than running....but it's a mile none the less. 

Until turkey day . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment