Saturday, April 9, 2011

old trail, new eyes.

Rode a sweet 6 miles today at Grings Mill.  I haven't been on that trail in 5 years....and have lots of memories of runs and walks along the river.  It was nice to be back...and to travel by bike. 


It was nice to have a Saturday evening off and to go for an evening ride.  I'm still working through this cold, so I took it slow and just enjoyed the robins, cardinal, geese, ducks, squirrels and perhaps a woodchuck (it scurried across the path in front of me), not to mention many walkers, runners and bikers of all ages.  I must admit, I may slightly covet the cute white and pink bikes with the silver fringe coming out of the handle bars.  Is it even called fringe? 

While my serious bike wish list includes new tape for the handle bars and upgrading the water bottle holders.  My fun bike wish list includes a ring-ring bell and fringe :)


I also rode in my jeans today....for two reasons. 
1) It was #denimride day for #30daysofbiking.
2) So I would purposely not race up and down the trail. 

oh... and 3) so folks on the trail could see my sweet argyle socks. 






Reason #9 for #30daysofbiking:
A way to share my sassy knee high socks :)

Until the next ride . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment