Friday, April 22, 2011

a bit of thursday...

Thursday's ride was off to a great start...but a hard finish which was right into the wind.  Ugh. 
But great to get out first thing, because I was rewarded with breakfast at my favorite breakfast place, the Tomcat Cafe.  :)  I had The Gambler Omelet: a 3 egg omelet with bacon, caramelized onions and goat cheese. (yum!)

I headed out to the market to get my ingredients for my dish for Easter Sunday: Triple B.  (Brussels Sprouts with bacon and balsamic)

Then prep for worship. 

It was an interesting evening, but a good one.  We welcomed 20 youth to the Lord's Table for the first time, with their families.  What joy it is, looking into those eyes...the ones worried about when to drink their little cup of grape juice, with family members all a glow.  And when the words are said, the Blood of Christ, shed for you, in the midst of the worry, the newness, the excitement: God is there.  In that moment coming to each person through the wine and bread.  Precious and wonderful and holy. 

I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a part of those moments. 

reason #21 for #30daysofbiking:
3 egg omelets with bacon, caramelized onions and goat cheese

Until the next ride . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment