Friday, April 15, 2011

great day off.

Had a great day with a fun evening coming up. 

This morning had a great 12 mile trail ride...the trail head is a 15-20 min. drive from my house....so not something that squeezes into a week day morning, but a great day off ride and a great break from the road.  I forgot how different hills felt on the mountain bike. 

I stopped a few times for photo ops...this one is my fave:


The tires sound so fun on the wood planks. :)

This one was taken on the bridge:



And this was the only time I had to stop:


He was so cute....and he was just crossing the path...I asked where he was going, but he didn't answer, just kept plugging along. Slow and steady, my friend, slow and steady.  I good reminder to me, just to slow down and enjoy the ride. 

I enjoyed 1/2 my breakfast at the Tomcat Cafe...I say 1/2 because of the 2 pancakes that were bigger than my face, I could only make it through one.  Luckily I didn't bike there, so I could bring home the leftovers. 

I enjoyed an easy 1 mile ride to and from the middle school this afternoon to see some church youth in a track meet. 

Tonight is the high school musical: Thoroughly Modern Millie.  I've never seen it, but we have many talented youth in our community, so it will be a good performance.  Albeit quite different from Hair last night :)

Until tomorrow's ride . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment