Friday, April 22, 2011

earth day ride.

So it's Earth Day.  I admit, I debated for a while this morning, whether it made sense to get in the truck and drive to the trail.  I had thought that on the days when I had time to get to the trail I would, for a change of scenery and a change of pace/ride.  But with Earth Day, I didn't want to, you know...drive. 

But the more I thought about it, I figured it would be a good day to breathe in deeply the beauty that surrounds us.  So I drove to the trail and had a wonderful 16 mile ride. 

Here are some pictures of the company I had on the ride:
In addition to many birds that flew and many squirrels that raced across the path I was looking for and spotted the heron across the river: (it's to the left of the white blossom tree)


On a different section of the river, I spotted a mama duck with some ducklings:


Oh, and one of many geese. 




And I often forget the beauty of the trees and plants....but this tree made me stop and stare:


So many animals and plants of beauty that surround us....take a moment to check them out.

Reason #22 for #30daysofbiking
When I wake up in the morning and my legs are telling me, hey, you've been doing some pretty serious riding for the last 21 days, I drag myself out of bed knowing another ride will feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment