Thursday, November 29, 2012

two very different tables.

An early start to the day getting blood work done first thing meant plenty of time for breakfast.



Hard boiled egg, 1/2 a grapefruit and a lemon greek yogurt.  Yum.  It was recommended that I not have breakfast at all since lunch was going to be a huge treat, but I figured starting off with something in my belly would be a good thing.  Also, it was quite nice to just sit and enjoy my breakfast.  I do like breakfast at the island in the kitchen, but it was even nicer at the dining room table with some extra time to enjoy it.

The staff headed to Hershey today with two busloads of folks to visit Chocolate World and enjoy an incredible spread at Hotel Hershey.  Lunch was super delish!  From salad to pasta, beef, duck and tasty veggies.  The food was a wonderful treat.  Unfortunately my eyes were too big for my tummy.

This was my dessert plate:


I could not finish it.  It was all delicious, but I could only put a dent in these tasty treats.

So here's the thing....I only had two meals today.  One was alone eating a simple meal.  The other was around a table with great co-workers and enough food around all of us to feed hundreds of people. Both left me thankful.

Thankful for a roof over my head and the opportunity to purchase and prepare food the way I want.  The many options I have when I open my fridge and pantry is a true blessing.  I'm also thankful for the times that I am able to enjoy a special meal with co-workers and friends.  I'm blessed to live in a place with abundance and choice.  I pray for those who do not have the opportunities I was given today.  I pray that my eyes are continually opened to see the ways I can share the abundance and choices that surround me in a way that enables me to share with others.  I'm thankful I'm not going to bed hungry, but am taking a moment to remember those who are.

No comments:

Post a Comment