Sunday, November 18, 2012

First thing this morning . . .

At the end of a long day, I'm so thankful for a simple beginning.  Last week when I rediscovered rooms in my house I thought that the room off of the porch upstairs would become the spot or my morning devotions.  While that is a wonderful area, it has become my trumpet practice room.  Because the reality is that I don't make it back upstairs to that room with a full cup of coffee.  It may be a better room for practicing and reading in the afternoon rather than an early morning reading spot.

Now that the island in the kitchen is super clear, it's a perfect spot to start the day.


I enjoyed a cup of coffee with my morning devotions before the full Sunday began.

Back in the race training days, I could get up early and I would get up early to get a run or a ride in before the day began.  I'm learning that I can still get up early and use that time for other things.  From devotions, to laundry (yes actually being productive first thing) to reading for pleasure... I have done all these things in the past week....I wonder what this week will bring, but let me just day that I anticipate homemade cinnamon rolls at some point....because I think they will be a perfect treat during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  :)

I'm thankful today for a chance to sit and pray before going, going and going.....I'm also thankful for a relaxing dinner after such a busy day.  This day was bookended well.

No comments:

Post a Comment