Tuesday, November 6, 2012

a moment of silence


So I'm thinking that the picture says it all today. I'm thankful that I live in a country that gives the freedom to vote.  But truth be told, I'm struggling with the negative comments appearing across the social media...and I guess it's not just the social media.  It's been around us this whole campaign season.    Granted, I'd like my candidate to win the election, but not to the point that I'm slamming his opponent.
I truly hope that no matter what the outcome, we are able to come together post election day.  Because here's the thing folks, we're in this together and for me, until the parties really start working together it will just continue to be a battle....

Okay, those are my two cents....and now I will sign off...breathe, pray and call it a night.

Gracious God,
I'm so thankful to live in a country with so many freedoms.  As election day comes to a close, bring us a time of forgiveness and healing.  May space be taken to hear the voices of others and remember that we live in this community of the United States together.   Thanks for the gift of community and the reality of learning about what that means, especially in the murky times.   Blessings to all who lead around the world.  In Jesus' name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment