Thursday, November 1, 2012

Lunch with Logan


For those of you who have met her, you know that Logan is an amazing young woman.
She is constantly thinking about someone other than herself.  When she is in the middle of having fun, she names people who aren't there and says, you have to tell so and so (it's often Pastor Bill) about this. She always asks about someone who isn't there and checks in to see how people's significant others, children or parents are doing.  She says what she is thinking which often opens your eyes to see something in a new way or it brings a smile to your face.
She is truly a gift from God and we are blessed be in this family of faith with her.
We are just so thankful to know her and be in her life.

Today, she treated the female staff at Trinity to lunch.  It was her way to say thanks for all that we do.  We were humbled to share a meal, good conversation and grand laughter.  Some of us had tears in our eyes from laughing so hard.
During lunch I told Logan what I was blogging about this month and asked if I could get a picture of the both of us to use on my blog and she said yes.


I'm thankful that she is in my life.  
I'm thankful she lets God's light shine through all that she says and does.  

Gracious God,
Thank you for the many ways you have blessed me this day.  Thank you for the gift of Logan in my life, my church family and my community.  May we all see through her eyes and let God's light shine through all that we say and do.
In Jesus' name we pray, amen.

Until tomorrow . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment