Thursday, November 15, 2012

live music ;)

The last few times I've played trumpet at church my chops have been in poor shape.  We're playing again for Christ the King Sunday, so I've made more of an attempt to practice in preparation for the rehearsal this Sunday and playing the following Sunday.  I dug out an old book of etudes and I've actually been practicing more than just the hymns.




I may get some decent tone back if I keep this up.  My goal is to hit the high A in the descant for Jesus Christ is Risen Today by the time Easter is here.  I'll let you know if that works out.  

I'm thankful for the gift of music.  For the ability to play the trumpet, sing in the choir and learn more and more each week at bell choir.....I'm blessed to sing and share music with others and thankful for being raised in a musical family.  

I wonder how much I remember of the piano lessons....

No comments:

Post a Comment