Tuesday, November 13, 2012

warmth, new beginnings and patience.

We had a small gathering at my place tonight around the fireplace....


We had the chance to get to know each other a bit better...and think about some fun upcoming activities for the future.  One of the things I'm thankful in the midst of a large congregation is the time in small groups....to chat, to laugh, to watch the cat, to share stories and experiences....and just build relationships.  Here's to more fun gatherings in the future.

Oh, and Marley, who was pretty much the star of the show, is now curled up on my lap.  I guess the gathering wore her out.  :)

In other news....I feel somewhat like Punxsutawney Phil....as the doc checked out my tendon today, he said at least 4 more weeks of rest.  (sigh)  I guess that original research I did online about Achilles Tendonitis was pretty accurate when it said it could take up to 3 months for a full recovery.  That seemed like such a long time to me....yet one month in....there is light at the end of the tunnel....even though I'm only 1/3 of the way into the tunnel....there's got to be light at the other end, right?  I am heading to the gym on Friday to pick up a swim pass.  I've been fairly sedentary the past month...and I'm ready to get back into something....and swimming twice a week is something I just need to start doing.

My lesson on patience and waiting and healing will continue....it would be an excellent focus for an advent/lenten devotional.  Hmmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment