Sunday, December 2, 2012

Favorite time of the year...

Happy New Year!  I love Advent.

I love a season that draws us into the now and not yet of God's presence in the world.
Here we are awaiting the celebration of the birth of the Christ child, yet we are called to stay awake and alert and see Emmanuel (God with us) here and now.  I love, too, in the preparation, the time to get the house ready.....the cleaning and the decorating...adding colors and images to highlight the season.

There are stars all over the house, but the ones receiving the most focus are those in a bowl in the middle of my Advent wreath  I painted, cut and labeled them yesterday.


This is the time of year when I reconnect with daily prayer...beginning the day with matins, praying at noon, in the evening hour and closing the day with compline.

Here's to a season that calls us to just slow down: to breathe, to pray, to sit, to see God at work in the midst of the busy world we find ourselves hustling and bustling around in.

May you find that time to do whatever allows you to see more clearly God at work in the world around you.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment