Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Not until it was on my way home from pericope study today did I realize that I was wearing two different earrings.  This was after I slept in and had 2 cups of coffee.  I guess a run in the morning helps to wake me up.  (I skipped the run today for a few extra minutes of sleep.) 

In preparation of an after lunch meeting I sipped a coke zero. 
Post meeting I was still yawning, so I hit a local coffee shop for a small latte. 


(I think I have the best buns in town.)

After a few afternoon visits and a short run (Happy National Running Day!) I saddled up for a tasty dinner.  I skimmed the Simply in Season cookbook and found a simple recipe for a raspberry vinaigrette.  I changed it to a strawberry vinaigrette since that's the fresh fruit that I have. 

The new recipe creation for today: Strawberry Vinaigrette

1/6 C. lemon juice
1/4 C. maple syrup (or if you don't have enough like I didn't, add honey)
1/4 C. oil (I used canola)
1/3 C. diced strawberries
1/2 tsp. dried mustard
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper

I put all the ingredients in my pampered chef manual food processor and after a few whirls, it was good to go. 

This recipe was halved because I knew I didn't have 1/2 C. of maple syrup...but living in a house of one, this covered salad tonight and the salad I'll have for lunch tomorrow.  I'm thinking the dressing is best fresh. 

The dressing was perfect on my 'everything but the kitchen sink' salad. 


Lettuce, chicken, cheddar cheese, asparagus, cukes, shredded carrots, snow peas, strawberries and almonds.  yum.

Until tomorrow's tasty eats . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment