Sunday, May 1, 2011

a new adventure

So, it's a new month.
It's also the end of a long day.

But let me say this. I've been thinking a lot about what focus for the next 30 days will be. A few things have been on my mind lately. Firstly, I've been pretty excited about my newly rediscovered active lifestyle. This past 30daysofbiking has taken me to a whole new level of riding and general fitness. I definitely don't want to lose that. I've been thinking a lot about what I put into my body lately, but haven't really done much other than think about it. So sure, I think about eating healthy, but I may not always follow through with the best options. Nor have I really held myself to a healthier style of eating. And truth be told, as michael franti sings, there's a little bit of extra...right around the waist. Granted in that same song, he says you're perfect just the way you are. :)

So while I'm not looking for an insane figure change, I think if I really put more than just thought into what I was eating that I may see some changes.

I bought a scale yesterday. Got on it this morning...was neither shocked nor dismayed, but encouraged that there is room for the numbers to change. (Weigh ins will occur weekly)

Today I started logging everything I ate. I'm going to do that for the rest of the month to look for patterns, habits and to really see what I eat on a daily basis.

This month won't just be about numbers, or lists of food, because I've been living in the promise of the resurrection and the new life God has given each and everyone of us.
So for these next 30 days, I'll also be actively making decisions and choices with the hopes to make ones that are walking in the light of the risen Lord. I'll keep you posted, as well, when my sinner self overpowers the saint :)

I'm thankful today that I had the opportunity to ride during the brief break between the pot-luck and fundocy. It was good for me to get out and ride, to clear my head and stretch my legs.
I tried not to indulge in too many pineapple dishes at the potluck, but they were all so tasty.

I think this month will be challenging because I'm not specifically doing one thing every day, but more so looking at or looking for ways to live life fully as the woman God has created me and calls me to be.

Thanks for joining me.

Until the next post...

Oh, for you number folks: 167 lbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment