Friday, May 6, 2011

lovin the hood.

Saw the presence of the living Christ in my neighbors today...
I'm truly thankful that I was sitting on the porch swing they asked if I had had supper yet.  No, I replied...what's for supper?  Turkey burgers, cucumber salad and corn on the cob.   (sold)

What a wonderful meal it was with great fellowship. Some talk was churchy, they are members of my church, but more so it was building relationships and strengthening community. 

I was thankful that the asparagus I bought this morning was ready to go in the oven for a quick roast before supper...it was a welcomed side dish. 

This afternoon I spent some time weeding. 

I trimmed off all the dead branches on the lavender in the front yard. I also trimmed a whole bunch of dead stuff off other plants on the side of the house...Marley liked whatever I trimmed, because she was liking my pant leg when I came in.  (weird) 

I hesitated to trim these:





Especially after I saw this:

But apparently that's as big as the berries will get...it's a weed.  Pooey. 

These, however, not weeds:
And they smell springy.  They remind me of spring when I was a kid.  There are some on my mantle, just welcoming the spring scent inside. 

I'm thankful for the beauty of the green plants in spring, for hospitality, for neighbors and family. 

A good day. 

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment