Wednesday, May 11, 2011

an early-ish post.

Lately I've been posting at the end of the day...it's part of my end of the day wind-down.  With this beautiful spring weather we've been having, I've been enjoying my evening free time (post-office time/pre-meeting time) on the porch swing with my book. 

Today, however, I took a better part of this 'free time' to make a tasty dinner.
I call it 'everything but the kitchen sink' salad:

See if you can spot the lettuce, green pepper, tomato, carrot, homemade croutons, hummus seasoned with zatar, baked sweet potato, chipotle bbq grilled chicken.. 

So delicious.  Especially when consumed in the sun on the back porch. 

All this prep also allowed me to prep lunch for tomorrow and there was time to clean up the kitchen. 
So after the meeting...it's nothing but me and the book....and some rest. 

I can also say that I've been getting up early each day (well, at least earlier than I used to) for a ride or a run.  I think starting the day off with that helps me think and eat a bit healthier each day.  Now, that being said, I did have 1/2 a smoked salmon BLT for lunch today.  The other thing that helps the healthy-ish/er eating is writing down everything I eat each day.   We'll see how that impacts the rest of the month. 

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment