Wednesday, May 4, 2011

may the fourth be with you

Okay, trying to blog while following this hashtag  - #replaceawordinastarwarslinewithpants

Some of my faves:

I find your lack of pants disturbing.
I feel a great disturbance in the pants.
Get this walking carpet out of my pants.
I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to pants you!
Search your pants, you know it to be true. 
Pray that I don't alter the pants any further...

That's probably enough. 

It's been a long day...a few of us took a breather and went out to lunch. 
This evening's meeting was interesting...it's challenge when one person is upset, and while others try to console...that consolation is not received....even more so it's frustrating when the upset person doesn't seem to completely share what is at the root of that anger. 

Oh well...the rest of us breathed deeply, shared some new ideas....and are gearing up for next year.  I hope that the grumbly person is able to breathe and take whatever space is needed for healing.  I pray, too, that whatever is below the surface comes to the top soon...because it seems like a really heavy weight to be carrying around. 

There was hope and new life in laughter throughout many conversations today.
The promise of the resurrection was seen through caring conversations and prayers for one another. 
In the midst of the awkwardness, the risen Christ was in our midst....guiding our hearts, minds and voices....bringing us all together this evening.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment