Friday, November 5, 2010

sabbath.

Not much to reflect upon today, except the relaxation that comes with a day off. 

I was on a mission for new pants...and after stopping at two shops I was disheartened, so I thought, heck, I'll try another day, and I picked up lunch to go (curried chicken salad) & a chocolate chip cranberry muffin .... then I stopped by the thrift store on my way out of town and found two perfect pairs of pants for under $5.  (Less than I paid for lunch & the muffin!)  Pretty sweet deal & I was back home to veg out with Brad Pitt movies for the rest of the day. 

I picked the last of my veggies today, as a true frost is forecast for this evening.


The bowl is full of green tomatoes and jalapeno peppers and there is a large handful of oregano in front.  I think there's a salsa verde in my future...or some spicy fried green tomatoes :)

Thanks be to God for a chance to just relax.  To take time to rest and rejuvenate and make some homemade pizza.  And for the opportunity to pray and mentally prepare for the week to come. 

Thanks to Paula Dean, I have made the tastiest caramelized onions yet.  Her helpful tip, low and slow. The results, onions that were dark & sweet and perfectly contrasted the bite in the goat cheese that topped the pizza. 

All in all, a wonderful day off.  Thanks God.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment