Wednesday, November 17, 2010

More thoughts on SoA

Still trying to figure out why I am completely addicted to Sons of Anarchy.  

I'll admit, I missed last week's episode and I was tempted to skip last night until I had a chance to see the other one, but I couldn't pass it up.  I got enough plot info at the beginning to carry me through.  And I cried at the open market scene as Jax watched Abel with the young couple.  In the moment of that scene you could see Jax's internal struggle for what he wanted and what was the best for Abel.  It was a sigh of tears and a bit of relief when he made his decision, even though not everyone agreed with him.  Well that good feeling lasted for like 30 seconds before the repercussions began. 

In any given moment, you are drawn into a comfortable place, but you know, that it will not last, because BAM you are hit upside the head with some new tragedy.  When tragedy strikes, you are ready for a breath of good news.  You welcome in the good moments, the God moments, when all seems right and good, and then that comfort is discomforted, reminding you of your presence in the world, the broken, troubled, imperfect world.  In that world, we don't always make the right choices, we are torn between thinking of ourselves and thinking of others, torn between what we think is right and what God calls us to do, walking the fine line of simultaneously sinner and saint.  

So, maybe in my everyday life, I'm not hopping on my motorcycle, dealing with local town politics, escaping from lock-down in the hospital and fleeing to Ireland to rescue my kidnapped son...and that has all happened in season 2.  (For the record, I would love to ride a motorcycle on a regular basis and will go to Ireland some day, but the rest of those things are not on my bucket list.)  But everyday we face the challenge of living each day to its fullest.  Sometimes we get it just right, and other times we totally mess it up.  The blessing in all this is knowing that God is with us in the midst of it all, meeting us at the foot of the cross and showing us with grace.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment