Monday, January 9, 2012

ribs and a walk.

So yesterday was a full day. 
At the end of our confirmation class, we walked over to an older member's home to sing happy birthday to her.  We sing happy birthday to folks in worship the week of their birthday.  First of all, she lost her husband passed away two months ago and she hadn't made it to worship yesterday morning because she had to put her cat down.  (how sad.) So, we walked to her house and sang happy birthday.  What a great way for the youth to be the body of Christ in the community. 

My respite came after contemporary worship when my boyfriend and I were invited out to dinner with my colleague and his family.  We enjoyed a tasty dinner and a walk to and from the restaurant. 

Today's moment of rest came this afternoon.  I went for a nice walk, it was a bit chilly, but it was great to just get out of the office and move. 

I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, I guess I never really do....but I'm sure it will provide an opportunity for rest.

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment