Wednesday, January 4, 2012

a restful beginning.

So, when I woke up this morning...slightly on the sleepy side, I said to myself, "Self, today can be your 'rest' day from working out."  So, I reset the alarm and caught some more zzzzz's. 
I was tempted at one point to squeeze in a mile on the treadmill, but then I realized, I don't need to run a mile today.  Taking a day of rest after my sweet 3.8 mile trail run yesterday. 
I then had the opportunity to splurge at Shady Maple Smorgasbord....I had breakfast and lunch in one sitting.  Starting off with 'the works' omelet with a side of turkey bacon and a biscuit with butter. 
Round two: a pancake with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips...and this pancake was loaded with them.  The only thing I would add (if I go back again for breakfast) would be bananas.  Chocolate, peanut butter  & banana pancake = super delicious! 


I wasn't hungry until I got home from work, after 5:30, so I had a tasty chef's salad with a nice glass of Merlot, because sometimes, that's the way to help your mind let go of the day...
I could say that the honeymoon period is over.  I had an interesting interaction with a member today, and not to get into too much detail, it didn't go well.  There was frustration from the member about the church not being flexible.  The frustration on my part was that the it seemed to be my (the church's) fault that the person had to decided between the sporting event and the youth event.  I know that the top commodity for just about everyone right now is time.  But I have to ask myself, and those around me, if we are teaching and modeling good stewardship if we are allowing our youth to do so many things in a day or a weekend?  And how can I, as someone who cares for the youth I'm called to serve, help model healthy stewardship to the entire family? 

Growing edges, for sure....and an ongoing learning process for us all.

and now some Top Chef. 

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment