Friday, February 18, 2011

perfect day

Today was just amazing!

For the record today's walk was only two blocks...but more of that later.

It could have something to do with the fact that I was in bed by 9:30 last night.  A solid night's sleep is the perfect lead in to a day off. 

I made it to the market this morning while it was still overcast, yet already 50 degrees :)

After that, I got Katarina ready for the first ride of the season.  It was 60+ degrees and sunny!  A beautiful day for a ride.  I made it out to the local lake, even though I underestimated the hills.  It was a challenging 16 miles, but I'm ready to be out there on a regular basis...and to get some gel-butt-pants. 



So my walk was just a short one, because I walked to the local sandwich shop for a cheese burger and fresh onion rings :) Soooo delish!  I enjoyed them with a magic hat #9 on the back porch in the sun.  And read for a while, before curling up for a nap.  I woke from the nap to have the cat curled up with me, too. 

Just a wonderful day off...which has me ready for another busy week...but thankful for the respite :)

No comments:

Post a Comment