Monday, January 7, 2013

stuffed shells - two ways

The Book: Rachael Ray 2, 4, 6, 8 Great Meals for Couples or Crowds


The book is on the island...you can see it opened up to the right page....it's next to the zester, 1/2 an onion an open container of ricotta cheese and some jars of sauce.  

The Recipe: (p. 52) Mega Meat-Stuffed Shells

Chef's Notes: So, growing up when we had stuffed shells they were stuffed with ricotta cheesy goodness.  I love them.  Truth be told....I made some ricotta cheesy goodness to stuff a few shells tonight.  The fun part was mixing ricotta, mozzarella, an egg, oregano, basil, salt & pepper and nearly pouring it into the shells.  It was fun to make it up as I went along.  Meanwhile, back to the 2013 Great Cookbook Challenge....it was fun to try a meat & veggie filling for the shells.

First, (well, earlier I started the water for the shells) I sauteed a pound of meatloaf mix, added some onion, garlic, nutmeg, and s&p....


all that was happening while I thawed some frozen spinach in the microwave...and drained it in the sink.




Here's the cheesy goodness I mentioned earlier...

(Delsym was not included in this recipe in any way.)

And, well, there are no pictures of the final product.  Sorry.  I pulled it out of the oven after my company arrived, so it went straight to the table with a side of garlic bread and extra sauce just because.  

The Verdict: I'm already looking forward to leftovers tomorrow.  This is a do-over....and the combo of the cheesy goodness and and the scrumptious meatiness would work really well layered together in a lasagna.....

Until the next recipe . . .


No comments:

Post a Comment