Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Baby steps.

Drum roll please.....

I went for a walk today.  Nothing uber-strenuous.  I didn't time it nor did I push myself to go super fast. I was just feeling incredibly stir crazy this morning and knew that I needed to get out.

It felt great.  Not just the fresh air, but also the time to pray, think and reflect.  I plotted out some of the trek that I'll be leading at the YouthQuake this weekend and pondered my newsletter articles and upcoming events.

I saw a fellow who I used to pass by on a regular basis back when I was running and biking more regularly.  He said, "You're walking now, huh?"  I told him about my tendon and the 3 months of rest and how I hoped to get back into being out and about by walking first.  He touched me on the arm as he said it was good to see me.

So often I talk about the affirmation of my call to serve in this place.  The affirmations are not so much the 'nice sermon, pastor' comments, but the connections that I see throughout the community.

I'm thankful for those brief moments where a smile or conversation is shared....and the presence of God is in the midst of it.

In other news, I go to the doctor next week to see how my tendon looks.  It hasn't ached for over a week which is a good sign.  I'm hoping that I can get back into movin' and groovin' a few days a week with some strength training a few other days and feel a little more human again.  But it's one day at a time.

Until the next post...

No comments:

Post a Comment