Monday, July 11, 2011

92123

I've been to this zip before...but it's been a while.  I'd like to go back and have a few people I could visit if I make it there. 

Today was a wild day.  I had a totally craptastic run.  It was hot and humid....I was tired and probably dehydrated...and feeling the late-night nachos from the night before...and I knew there was a zany week coming with a lock-in at the end where we're going to fast...so I was hoping for 5 days of solid workouts so I wouldn't have to squeeze in a run pre-fasting.  Alas...an unpleasant workout. 

Ready-ish for work, I headed over to begin a day and week with a lot of running back and forth.  As I was ready for my first trip, I was stopped in the parking lot by a parishioner, who let me know she was going in for surgery this week, but didn't need anyone to visit.  She wanted me to hear it from her, instead of seeing her name on the hospital board.  I said, oh, then let's pray now. 

What a holy moment in the parking lot this morning, which got my day off to an amazing start. 

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment