Friday, April 13, 2012

the list was too long....

While I was enjoying my double fisted breakfast (coffee in one mug, coffee cake in the other) I had one load of laundry in the washer and was making my to-do list for the day. 

Apparently I thought I was invincible, or that the hours in the day would expand to allow me to accomplish multiple tasks....I'm not sure what I was thinking.  Apparently a little too much sugar in that coffee cake, oops.  It was tasty, though.  If you are in the mood for 5 minute coffee cake in a mug, check out this site: coffee cake in a mug. I started making it after only a few sips of coffee and then realized I didn't have any sour cream in the house.  (shame on me.  actually i did have some in the house but it was already turned into french onion dip, which would have made for some awful coffee cake.)  So, I opted for the french vanilla yogurt instead....which after 2 tablespoons of sugar was super sweet!  It's a good thing I didn't try the key lime pie yogurt...or perhaps I should have.


Today I did:
Make it to the bank.
Buy paint & paint one of the porch chairs.  (it looks stellar. the other two will be done soonish)
Two loads of laundry, including bed sheets.
Cleaned off the front porch.
Planted pansies in the stone planters on the porch.
Bought herbs to plant (after the side garden is weeded)
Checked out two thrift shops - fun buys for my sister and myself.
Bought new towels at triple B (fun green ones for the downstairs bathroom & some bath and hand towels for the upstairs bath that match the fun shower curtain and were on uber-clearance so they were super cheap! win. win.)
I bought clams, a fresh baguette and some seafood spread for apps and dinner. 
The apps were scrumptious! Dinner, less so. 
An attempt at pan seared clams on the half shell (recipe from Alton Brown) was a disaster.  The clams were entirely too salty.  It was a bummer really....but luckily, the baguette with the seafood spread, sprinkled with fresh Parmesan and broiled was so good that I just made a second round for dinner.  A perfect pairing with chilled white wine. 

The joy in my day was watching the cat.  First thing this morning was Bunny Watch 2012:


The modern house cat stalks her prey through the impenetrable kitchen window. 

The same thing happened this evening as I preparing dinner. 
So cute. 

Tomorrow comes some weeding, some planting and some more painting.  (or at least some of those) And go for a run.

No comments:

Post a Comment