Friday, February 1, 2013

D. Day.

I tell ya, I could get used to this sabbath thing.

After being pretty sick this past week, I was truly looking forward to shopping for my wedding dress today.  I got up early, had some breakfast a cup of coffee....and even completed a load of laundry before my good friend showed up for the best girl's day out, ever!

We started with frou frou coffee drinks at the local coffee shop and headed on our way to the first appointment.  With just one picture....and many, many ideas, we began to pluck dresses off the walls.  The first dress was a winner.  Then there were some others that just didn't look so good.
One would have been perfect if the wedding was in Greece.
Another would have been perfect if I was trying to look like a purse.
And then a beautiful one.  And it was a perfect fit.
But I wasn't totally sold.  That one came off and the first one went back on....and then a few more dresses.
The consultant working with me went 'upstairs' to look for a few more.
The first one, not so good.
And then....*the* dress.  A totally winner.  A perfect fit.  No alterations needed.
I wasn't totally sure about it and had another appointment after lunch, so we left it there and had some lunch.  5 minutes into lunch I knew it was the dress.
Luckily our lunch spot was less than 5 minutes away from the bridal shop.

Needless to say, I canceled the second appointment.  :)

So...now to look for a bouquet...I'm thinking paper flowers or fabric flowers...so they are easy to travel with...and to talk to my good friend Corey about some jewelry to wear on that special day.

I'm getting more and more excited!

To complete my sabbath day...I spent some time starting a puzzle, dropping off a package and some mail at the post office.
I tried on a few skirts and sweaters at the local goodwill....although it was weird not having someone help me get in and out of the clothes....and then picked up some Chinese take out for dinner.  With a few messages sent to girlfriends to get together over the next few weeks and a blog post, I'm calling it a day.

I think I'm ready for bed.

Until the next post . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment