Friday, August 24, 2012

best laid plans...

Stay-cation, all I ever wanted...
Stay-cation had lots to do today....
Stay-cation meant to spend time at home....
(my apologies to the Go-Go's)

Okay, so I believe it was on Sunday evening that I put together my 'stay-cation' agenda.  I'm a gal who loves a to-do list.  In fact sometimes making the list is an item I get to cross of said list, but I was gearing up for a stay-cation.  After a summer of traveling for work (which was tons of fun) I was ready for some time at home, just to regroup.

The agenda I put together looked a little something like this:

Lots of time with Billy
Tackle spare room (sort through old summer clothes and other piles in this extra room)
Trip to Goodwill (to drop stuff off and to shop)
Brew (beer) and smoke (meats or fish)
Trip to the craft store so I can complete at least one of the many craft projects pinned on my pinterest page.
Run, Run, Bike and Run some more!
Read a few books *on the porch swing with a glass of wine
Blog!
Sort through wall decor & hang it up (after being in the house over a year and a half)
Print some pictures and frame them for friends.
Passport.  (you know, just in case)

It seemed, not overwhelming...and not a to-do list so I wouldn't feel as if I had to get all of those things done, because here I am, with one day left....and this is what has been accomplished.

Stay-cation Day One:
30 mile bike ride
Billy and I hung out for 5 minutes....then he proposed.
The rest of the day = sharing the news with family & friends....and a celebratory drink at Canal Street Pub (the site of our first date)

Day Two:
3 mile run
Grilling out
Spending the afternoon at St. Peter's Village for engagement photos
Dinner and a flight at Victory Brewing Company.


Oh yeah....dinner: Indo braised short rib with tortillas (app), then we split the Smokestack Lightning Pizza (pulled pork, caramelized onions, smoke jalapenos, smoked cheddar, scallions and a hop devil bbq sauce)  and the House Smoked Boar Bratwurst Sandwich.  Yum times 2!!!

And then dessert at home... brought to you by Victory....


and made with the wort from their Hop Devil IPA.

Day Three:
Trip to craft store (cork board and mod podge is in my possession)
Chinese buffet lunch with my fiance and future Mother-in-Law
Brewed Engagement IPA
Enjoyed leftovers from Victory...and finished up the ice cream.

Day Four:
6 mile trail run
Shopping excursion to Goodwill and Old Navy.  (some good purchased in both places)
Read a chapter of The Happiness Project on the porch swing with glass of wine and tasty bread and seafood spread.
Had a great chat with my neighbor/friend.
Cooked a delicious dinner of salmon, fresh green beans (with balsamic & bacon), local tomatoes with oregano & basil from my garden, and wild rice.

(anticipated) Day Five:
Sleep in.
Buy new running shoes.
Enjoy a scheduled mani & pedi appointment.
Nap....?
another tasty dinner...
Finish the Happiness Project Book.
Get a solid night's sleep before returning to work on Sunday morning.

In a word, this stay-cation has been epic.





1 comment:

  1. This sounds like the best staycation that has ever happened. I thought that my past few days were okay, but damn.

    ReplyDelete