Wednesday, February 1, 2012

reading....writing....rithmatic?

So it's February.  I'm not sure what happened to the last week of January...but here's Feb.
I weighed in yesterday...and to my dismay I had put on 3 pounds.  And to make matters worse, last Thursday I fell down the stairs :( While it's not swelling like mad, there is a large bruise by my ankle and Achilles tendon.  So, I took three solid days off from running/walking/ellipticaling.  I walked on Monday and it was great to get out.  Yesterday I attempted an out and back.  I made it out 1/2 a mile and my ankle/tendon felt funky.  So I headed back home.  Today, however, I was super achy.

So tomorrow may be a walking day or another resting day.

The challenge/task/goal for the next 28 days is to take time to read every day.
Some time with a book for pleasure and some time with a book for work.

I read a few chapters of Overbite by Meg Cabot
What can I say, it's about a demon hunter who is trying to prove that soul-less vampires still have some good in them.  It's not in a Whedon-style, but I think I'll enjoy it.

I also made it through the introduction of Practicing Passion by Kenda Creasy Dean
It's a book that's been on my bookshelf at work for over a year.  One that I've been meaning to read, but haven't made the time for it.  Well, last weekend at the YouthQuake I was inspired by Tiger McLuen after he led two sessions with the adult leaders.

I was reminded by him to "not let the job I'm called to do get in the way of what God is calling me to do."  I was able last weekend, to have my passion and joy for pointing youth to the Gospel re-ignited.  We had some amazing youth and I'm blessed to be a prat of their lives and faith journeys.
I'm hoping this read continues to inspire and give me a continually new perspective with the youth I'm blessed to serve. 

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment