Sunday, October 30, 2011

the last cookie (or three)

Let me start off by saying that I'm learning a bit about myself. 
I need a specific goal or target to stick to something.  The Hartford 1/2 Marathon got me back into running.  Playing trumpet at worship today...helped me at least pick up my trumpet a few times this past week. 

So the next 30 days (plus) is back to eating. Well, not eating more, but firstly, getting back on track with healthy eating.  So tomorrow I begin the South Beach diet.  As I looked at my intake over the summer months, it's not that I don't eat well...it's that I think I could shift my eating away from not healthy carbs, to ones that are better for me. 
So, by sticking to a change in diet, logging my eats and workouts, and being held accountable by my boyfriend who is doing it as well, I'm more apt to stick to it. 

I feel like tonight is 'fat Tuesday' as I chowed down on good eats for lunch and dinner and several homemade cookies.  :)  No more sticky baked goods for a while..and the next two weeks will be alcohol free. 

Starting tomorrow morning, I'll log my weight weekly. 
I'll be keeping a journal of what I eat.  In a dream world, I'd like to post that daily, too, but we'll see how the timing works out.  I am excited for some good eats this week.  I made some tasty chili yesterday...and eggplant lasagna (using eggplant as the noodles for the layers). 

I'll keep you 'posted' (no pun intended) on how things go. 

Thanks for joining me on the adventure. 

Until tomorrow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment