Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Blog!

Okay, so my last post on my old blog was from 2008...a bit outdated.   Sorry, y'all. 

Back in April, I signed on for 30 Days of Biking, thanks to 2 guys from Minnesota who gained quite the following of folks who rode their bikes everyday in April.  It got me on my bike 30 days in a row...so now I'm continuing with the biking, although with the recent humidity um, I have been slacking off.

In May, I attempted to eat locally, or at least not at fast food chains, for the whole month...It wasn't a true '30 days of' commitment, but I kind of stuck to it. 

June was a fun one: 30 Days of Bacon.  (Although some of my vegetarian friends were not amused)  I did have many folks check out the Bacon Mints and have received rave reviews from the Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies.  (A new personal favorite of mine and other cookie connoisseurs of all ages.)

July was 30 days of Basil.  Most of the basil consumption was from my garden.  And, since I get to make up the rules as to how I follow the 30 days of...I included washing my hands with basil soap and watching the video of Hey Mickey, by Toni Basil, to be appropriate for the month. As well as a link about Basil the Rat from Fawlty Towers. 

I'll let y'all know about August tomorrow. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment