Monday, March 26, 2012

The Vegetarian's Nightmare

So, last night's dinner was Ah. May. Zing! 

Luckily, along with the deep dish pizza pan, I still managed to hold on to the instruction booklet.  (Lucky, because the family got this pan and instructions years and years ago.....) I used their recipe for the dough.  And here's the introduction to the assembly instructions:


My awesome boyfriend came over...and asked if we could make deep dish pizza.  Sure, I said.  (He was in charge of the fillings.)  Enter the pre-cooking:
1 lb sausage
1/2 lb bacon
1 huge ham steak (diced)
mushrooms (just to soak up the tasty bacon fat!)


After the second rising of the dough, I split it in half, rolled it out and lined the pan:


Next came the pounds of fillings: (I forgot to take a picture of the two cups of mozzarella underneath all of that.)


We had to add yet one more pork product, so enter the pepperoni...and a can of sliced olives:


Then the next layer of dough:


And now for the sauce, more mozzarella, some grated Parmesan, basil and oregano.


And then bake it for 25 minutes at 500 degrees.  (Note: the rest of the house will feel cold, because the thermostat is NOT set in the triple digits.)

And you end up with this:


We were so excited to eat it, that this was the last photo from last night.  I could only manage one piece.  But here's the photo of tonight's dinner (a real mouthful) :


Still delicious...and I look forward to another slice tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment