Sunday, December 19, 2010

Come, Hope of unity...

I can't believe it's already Advent 4. 

While the weeks have seemed to sail by...the days have had moments of quiet solitude and prayer.  It was four weeks ago that I spent an evening with yellow watercolors, a star cookie cutter, scissors and a pen.  And this is what my Advent journey looks like now...


I love that each day, as I honor praying the hours, I have one person or group that I focus on.  During this time of goodbyes, packing and beginning to transition it's been a struggle to get outside of 'me.'  The call process was so God & Holy Spirit led, that I truly felt free to be the me that God has created and called me to be...I told a member in Indiana that I feel God calling me to PA, and she said, "Do you really believe it?"  Yes, I believe it....but it's not easy to share the joy and excitement and new found passion with the people I see everyday.  When I say I feel God in the process, I believe people in Loogootee hear that God is calling me away from here. 

The only way to describe it is bittersweet. My heart is heavy and yet hopeful.

I've been truly touched by comments made by folks at church have been eyeopening and tear jerking.  Not to mention comments made by folks within the community...that's one of the things in this vocation of ministry....not knowing sometimes, until you're gone what God has done through you in a certain place and time.

One of today's heavy moments....finding out an 8-yr-old who I have been drawn close to during my time here, cried when she found out I was leaving....

One of today's hopeful moments...at worship, people fill out the 'blue form' (attendance/sign up/prayer request form).  There is a member who when I first met him, people were worried about how he would take to me, if he even would at all.  He had been away from the church for several years, spending most of his time at his mother's side in a nursing home, and he pretty much kept to himself.  My second month here, I presided at his mother's funeral.  He's been hit or miss at church...but more regular as time has passed.  Last winter he removed 6  inches of snow from my driveway, although I wasn't allowed to tell anyone who did it :)  I greeted him at worship today, but he didn't want to talk.  Today, on his blue form, he added me to the prayer list....for my time of transition.

It's a side to him that many people have not seen...but more are becoming aware of....thanks be to God.

Until next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment